A late addition to Puget Sound’s lighthouses, the Dofflemeyer Point facility was built in 1934 to replace a post lantern. The lighthouse guards the entrance to Budd Inlet, the location of the Port of Olympia and the state capital. The light atop a thirty-foot concrete tower was cared for by local residents. They also activated the fog signal. The light was automated in the 1960s. A caretaker activated the manual fog signal until its automation in 1987.
- 73rd Ave NE & Bayview Dr NE, Olympia, WA 98506, USA
- 47.1399112 / -122.9060973