As they do every year, BoatU.S. has recently announced their top 10 boat names from the past 365 days.
The names come from tallying up requests for boat names to the BoatUS Graphics service, and each reveal much about the personality of the vessel’s owner.
The BoatUS 2017 Top 10 Boat Names:
- Serenity: The utter calm and quietude boating brings
- Seas the Day: A nautical wordplay on the Latin saying “Carpe diem,” taking boating to its fullest
- Andiamo: “Let’s go!” in Italian and a perennial favorite boat name
- Irish Wake: Mourning and merrymaking after the death of a family member or friend
- Freedom: Patriotic name that first appeared on the Top 10 Names List in 2004
- Adagio: Italian for “at a slow tempo.” Represents how boating reduces stress in our hectic lives
- Ohana: From the Hawaiian culture, meaning “family” in an extended sense
- Oasis: A fertile spot in a desert where water is found; symbolizes boating’s ability to refresh and nourish our daily lives
- Happy Ours: A playful take on the good feeling you get at the afternoon communal cocktail time
- Firefly: Making the list for the first time, it’s thought that the kids picked this one
Did your boat make the list?
For a look at all of the BoatUS Top 10 Boat Names lists over the years as well as a directory of over 9,000 boat names, go to BoatUS.com.